Basic Kit For Your Weekly Pilates Class
I have often been asked, by my clients, ‘What should I wear when I come to pilates class?’. My response is this same every time: socks and anything comfortable… but then I thought, why not ask aspiring, young stylist for help. We are hoping that this is the first in a series of articles about Pilates fashion. Enjoy and do not hesitate to comment and throw in suggestions of clothes and labels we could check out!
Luxurious and Functional
Fashion and sports need not be mutually exclusive. This was definitely the case at this year’s Olympics. British designer, Stella McCartney was of course appointed as creative director of designing Team GB’s uniform. In collaboration with Adidas, McCartney created a distinctive look for our team whilst always keeping the design practical for our sportsmen. It was a year never to forget for Team GB and a stylish kit to boot. Let’s not also forget, fashion royalty, Giorgio Armani created the look for Team Italy. It’s clear to see that sports and leisure wear can indeed be stylish, or at least not unstylish!
When it comes to practising Pilates, comfort is paramount and this is an important factor when deciding what to wear. We’ve put together some high quality sport staples that feel great against the skin, and are easy to move in.
A soft cotton t-shirt is invaluable to a Pilates-goer, here are our top 3 of the moment:
- Vince Little Boy Tee – Because of the cotton and modal blend, this t-shirt feels amazing soft against your skin.
- Amrican Vintage Supima Cotton T-shirt – They call it a second skin for a reason, this t-shirt represents ultimate comfort, completely moulding to your body without feeling tight.
- Aubin and Wills Tenbury Tee – Who doesn’t love a pocket tee, a great alternative to you usual plain t-shirt. The cotton and viscose blend make for a comfy style.
A good pair of leggings is simply an essential part of your Pilates’ kit. We think these three styles will tick that box.
- 1. American Apparel Cotton Spandex High Waisted Leggings – a brand that does cotton well, this style is particularly comfortable because of the higher waistband.
- 2. Sweaty Betty Control Leggings – What’s not to love about this style? They have a rolled down waistband for comfort, feel super soft and are made from bamboo, which means they are naturally anti-bacterial and sustainable.
- 3. Splendid Stretch Jersey Leggings– a cotton and modal blend with a touch of spandex, these leggings will feel amazing.1. 2. 3. 1.1. 2.2. 3.3.